Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Martha's morning routine, and mine

In the January issue of MSL, Martha shares a tiny bit of her daily routine and her ten step plan for healthy living. She doesn't tell how she gets it all done, but I do know that the woman sleeps only 4-5 hours every night and she is constantly connected to work.



The snippet of her daily routine that she does share reveals the following:

she is up every morning at 5:30am, lets the dogs out, uncovers the birds, perhaps takes some nature pictures for her blog, lets the dogs in, and briefly checks her email. She then showers, dresses and heads over to her very own gym to meet with her very own personal trainer for her very own one-hour workout by 6:30am.



My morning routine: get up, stumble to the shower, get dressed, put enough effort into hair/make-up so I land more firmly on the human side of the human/zombie divide, (with Rick) wake and dress Payton, walk Barley, feed Barley, gulp down some juice, throw a granola bar in my purse, make a mad scramble around the house to grab last-minute stuff for myself and Payton, run to the car as Rick is pulling out of the garage, and settle in for the 40 minute drive to daycare.



Hmmmm. My morning "routine" is chaotic and stressful and Martha's is orderly and even relaxing. So far, I'm falling short in my attempt to be more like Martha. How will I compare when it comes to Martha's ten steps for healthy living?



Stay tuned, you won't want to miss this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see a problem.

Anonymous said...

Martha's 60+ years old and has no little KIDS! Give yourself a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Martha has so-0-0-0- much money that she can be ah so relaxed in her morning routine. Let's count the servants in her house who help her every step of the way.....