Sunday, February 15, 2009

Workout update and blogging plans

So, it's February 15. The day I promised a report to you all regarding my workout progress. Martha works out at least once a day with a trainer. For the past two weeks, I've been working out for approximately 26 minutes each day with my trainer: scary Jillian from TV's the Biggest Loser.


First off, I'll come clean. For three days, I did not work out. It turns out that I can either run errands at night or work out. There simply isn't time to do both. Next, my weight has barely budged--I've only lost .5 lbs. :( And it seems as though my thighs have gotten bigger. I hope to Martha that this is due to all the lunges, and not a reallocation of the fat in my body. Finally, I am seeing (and feeling) some progress. I do feel stronger, and I've lost .5 inches off my arms, bust and hips, and a full two inches off my waist! Woohoo!


These weights are finally justifying the space they use in this house. Actually, for some exercises in the video, I could move up to heavier weights...maybe a whole 5 pounds! My next weigh- and measure-in will be at the 30 day mark on March 2. Stay tuned!



Moving forward with the blog, I'm going to try to be a little more consistent with posts. Mondays will continue as Martha Mondays!, but the focus during the week will be on a singular topic. This week's topic: party planning. Of course, I'll continue to pepper my blog with posts of awesome shopping trips and random good things. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Chicagolandia said...

Isn't it amazing how much better you feel even if you only work out for 15 mintues a day? I do consider shopping/houding exercise - I do so much walking when I'm in the store, I like to think that it qualifies!

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

Nicely done! I've fallen behind horribly on working out myself... I definitely end up feeling it psychologically. Its just better for me when I'm fit! Oh well, I'll try again starting this weekend. :P