Friday, February 6, 2009

Revisiting the blog to-do list

For those of you who have been with me since the beginning of The Martha Initiative (or, if you've just gone through the archives), you know that I started with a TMI to-do list:

1. Upload a picture. CHECK
2. Update the profile. CHECK
3. Write witty post #1. CHECK
4. Write witty post #2. CHECK
5. Subscribe to some blogs I like. CHECK
6. Review blog and consider stylistic changes. CHECK
7. Look into this Google Adwords business, so I can make millions of dollars and live a wonderfully fabulous and ordered life and have a staff of 40 people to carry out my orders/creative ideas, just like Martha Stewart. CHECK
8. Continue with the witty posts. CHECK

While the wittiness of each post is up for debate, I have blogged faithfully for 36 consecutive days. My to-do list is complete. CHECK!

Regarding #7: I had thought about putting that wacky Google Ads feature on my blog, but decided against it. It's not the Martha thing to do--she just doesn't endorse anyone, right? I had no idea what ads they might feature, nor do I want just any old ad on my site. So, I went out in search of advertisements from companies and products I use and like--you can see those ads in the right-hand sidebar and at the bottom of the page.

Vistaprint, Betty Crocker and Coupons.com are all reputable companies. I use/buy their products, and I am comfortable recommending them to anyone. After all, how could I enjoy the 40 assistants I plan to hire with all that ad revenue if I were recommending crappy products? I couldn't fully enjoy a life of luxury that way, and that's how you know I'll only include ads on my blog for products I use myself. It's the Martha way, right? Actually, she makes nearly everything she buys, but I digress...


And a big thanks to all of you readers--all 10 of you! ;) I really enjoy blogging, and I appreciate everyone's encouragement as I continue on my quest for domestic diva-dom. Diva-ness? Diva-ocity? Diva-tude? Diva out! Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Chicagolandia said...

Diva-locity! I love it.

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

Hehe, congratulations on the blogging streak! I'm definitely impressed, and setting higher standards for myself after your example.

How did you like the last Lost episode?? I still agree that I don't know how they're going to fit everything in, but I'm sure enjoying the ride... :)

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

Ohhh is Charlotte not your favorite person? She definitely bothered me at first but I think this episode I forgot about that and just felt generally benevolent towards her because she's the sickest, and Daniel cares about her. Though if we're being perfectly honest, I don't know why he does.

Yeah, when I was writing that list and realized I hadn't even mentioned 30 Rock or House I was like, good grief I watch too much TV. But really, I swear, it's just because I watch it online at work... I really do have a life usually... :P