Saturday, February 21, 2009

When Jello Jigglers go wrong...

...horribly, horribly wrong.


As you know from previous posts, my Dear Hubby's birthday party is today. The menu centered around his favorite foods: pizza, cheese and crackers, devilled eggs, more pizza and Dr. Pepper. Since DH is a huge football fan, I wanted to make jello jigglers in these super-cute jello molds (helmets and footballs). What a perfect touch to really celebrate the birthday boy, right? Such a Martha thing to do!



Well, it didn't turn out the way I had planned. I let the jello sit overnight, and when it came time to unmold the jigglers, they just would not cooperate. I had sprayed the molds with Pam, but the jiggler would not jiggle out.


So I put the bottom of the mold in hot water for a few seconds and the jello got all runny. This is what they looked like.
Needless to say, we did not have jello jigglers for the party. But we did enjoy a very large bowl of misshapen jello clods last night. Tasty.
Happy Birthday, DH!

2 comments:

P-town Tom said...

I'm making Jello Jigglers right now! (Well, they're in the frig setting.) They are the best! I'm sorry they didn't turn out well, but I bet the clods (love the word choice by the way) were tasty!

Tell your DH happy birthday for me!

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

hehe oh well... still makes me crave jello...