Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Repotting

I've had a very special Plant living in my foyer for several weeks now. It was in desperate need of roomier, and hipper, digs. No, I do not know what kind of plant it is. If I had to guess, I would say Big. Leafy. Large. In charge, as much as any plant can be in my house.




As you can see, Plant was completely rootbound and suffering in the tiny pot. I bought Plant a huge pot and 2 bags of organic potting soil, and got to work.



Plant is enjoying the new pot. I estimate it to be 3x larger than old pot. This is much like us in our new house. It's amazing how wonderful room to stretch can feel, especially after being cramped up in a teeny tiny house for so long. But I digress.
You'll notice that the new pot is on a rolling stand, should Plant decide to roam the world or simply reside somewhere other than the foyer. For right now, though, Plant is content to welcome guests into our home, and patiently waits for Martha Stewart to walk in the door.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a spathyphilum to me. It might bloom if you put it near a window. Your plant needs a better name, like Zarathustra, or Cleopatra, or Methusula. Something to give it aspirations. L

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

Hehehe love the line about Plant deciding to roam the world...

And I totally vote for Cleopatra. Though if the plant gives off male vibes, I'll change my vote to Zarathustra. But not Ophelia. I've had bad experiences with plants named Ophelia. I'll just say... they tend to die tragically, and then I feel as if it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Which reminds me I still need to name my windowsill herbs...

Chicagolandia said...

I'm not great with plants (except tomatoes), but I love the line about the Plant roaming.

P-town Tom said...

You know, I like Plant as a name. It doesn't sound very original, but how many plants to you know that have the name of Plant?

Either way, Plant (or whatever his/her name is by now) sounds like he/she will be much happier!