Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My trip to the Wilton Tent Sale

To refresh your memory, here's my trip to last year's sale along with what I bought in 2009.

I look forward to the Wilton tent sale like kids look forward to Christmas.  This year, my friend Shannon met me there, marking my seventh year at the sale and her first. 


There were plenty of carts to go around this year.  Exciting!

Last year, the sale threw me for a loop by featuring a ton of craft stuff, and a lot of Martha Stewart Craft items.  In the years before last, there was hardly any crafty stuff--the focus was solidly on Wilton and not their other brand names.  No problemo for me, though, because I love Martha Stewart and MS stuff.

So I went to the sale this year expecting to stock up on scrapbooking and craft supplies only to find that the pendulum had swung back in the other direction.  There was some MS Crafts stuff, but not the amount or type that I was expecting.

Here's a picture of the sale:

Do you need some parchment paper? Because Wilton has some for you.

Another thing I noticed was that there was hardly any holiday stuff. In the past, the tent sale has been fully stocked with all kinds of food craft items for Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc. This year, the abundant items seemed to be from their character shop

Here, Shannon waits in line with her purchases: 

Doesn't she look happy?  See, the Wilton tent sale is just like Christmas.

Tomorrow, I'll show you what I purchased.