Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Easy banana cream pie

When it gets hot in the spring and summer, I face a dilemma: I want dessert, but I don't want to turn on the oven (at least for very long).  What to do, what to do?

Enter my easy banana cream pie. 

Start with a ready made crust (gasp, I know! Just work with me, okay?). This one required a quick 10 minutes in the oven, but you can just as easily use a no-bake graham cracker crust.


After the crust cooled, I lined it with sliced bananas. 


Top this with banana cream pie pudding (use the small box for one pie).  See where the 'easy' comes from?

Top this layer with fresh whipped cream (the one cup carton works nicely here).  I like to add a bit of sugar and vanilla to my whipping cream before beating the heck out of it.



Spread the whipped cream layer on, top with more sliced bananas, and throw it in the fridge for a few hours.

Best if served the same day. Enjoy!

No comments: