Friday, March 6, 2009

Touring the Intercontinental

In a few weeks, my work will have a large fundraising event at the Intercontinental Hotel, located on the Mag Mile in Chicago (are there Mag Miles anywhere else?). Tuesday, four of my co-workers and I went for a tasting. After we tasted the salads, the entrees, the desserts and decided on the important issues of plates (decorated or plain white?) and butter pats (modern wedge or rosettes?), it was time to take a tour of the space.


Our event will be in the Grand Ballroom. Guests will check in after they get off the elevator. Even the elevator lobby is stunning. I love the carpet.


From there, they'll proceed to the Grand Ballroom balcony for the reception (cocktail hour).
When it's time for dinner, they'll go down the stairs to their designated tables. When dessert is served, the program will start (keynote speaker and awards).
There was a group in the Grand Ballroom when we snuck in, so I didn't take many pictures. But aren't the details exquisite?
We've had our event in this space before, but it never fails to impress me. I think the guests will be happy with our meal and detail selections, and with the venue itself. Don't you?

No comments: