Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tasting at the Intercontinental: Part Three

It is TMI's official position that no meal is complete without dessert. So naturally, tasting the dessert options for my upcoming work event at the Intercontinental was the best part of the tasting excursion. We tried four desserts...


Option #1: Apple-pear frangipani tart. It was good, but very crusty. This seemed more suited to afternoon coffee/tea than evening event.



Option #2: White chocolate mousse cake. Yum and yum again. This was great! And yes, those are white chocolate curls on the side.


Option #3: Traditional creme brulee with fresh berries. Notice the presentation: the banana leaf was really neat, and a modern twist for an event standard.




The creme brulee was my favorite, but we went with...

Option #4: Chocolate decadence cake. I don't fully understand this dessert, but I get that it is awesome. Chocolate cake, with a layer of creamy goodness, covered with chocolate and topped with a raspberry. The name says it all!



I was so stuffed after the tasting. Everything was delicious and the service, as always, was grand. I could barely waddle up to the Ballroom where our event will be held. Pictures of that tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

Congratulations! You've been given an award! Come by and check it out!

Chicagolandia said...

Absolutely love the pictures - I could devour the white chocolate mousse cake in a minute....or less!