Thursday, February 3, 2011

Super Souper

Something in the January/February issue of Everyday Food caught my eye:  in New Mexico, the Road Runner Food Bank holds an annual event called the Souper Bowl, where area chefs compete for the title of Best Soup, and all proceeds benefit the food bank.  Isn't that an awesome idea?

I was so smitten with the idea that I immediately told The Big Guy that I wanted us to have a similar event.  He's big on football, and I'm big on food, and there you have it:  our very own First Annual Super Souper Bowl Party was born.

We've invited a bunch of friends over to watch the Super Bowl.  Those who are feeling adventurous have been invited to bring their best soup, stew or chili, and everyone will vote on who gets the title of "Titan of the Tureen."  Or "King/Queen of the Crockpot."  Or "Chili Champion."  Or "Soup Superhero!" 

Obviously, we're still working on some of the details.  I'll be making simple appetizers and a few desserts, but no soup entry for me.  I"m so excited about what everyone is going to bring!  Stay tuned!

No comments: