Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Calender art

Now that the master bathroom has been painted, it desperately needed some artwork. Naturally, I went through all the amazing photos I've taken on my ridiculously luxurious vacations and picked a few of my favorites to frame.


Bwahahahahahahaha!  Sorry, for a moment there I confused myself with Martha Stewart and her awesome vacationsMy bad.

For really nice pictures of beaches I can only dream of visiting, I got out a calendar.  A 16-month calendar from 2007, to be exact.  


I bought inexpensive 10x10 frames at Michael's. 


Then I tore out my four favorite pictures from the calendar. 


I cut the pictures to fit the frame, inserted the pictures and put the frames back together.


Voila! Quick, easy and frugal art for the bathroom.  Seriously, trying to hang these correctly on the wall was the hardest part about this project. 


The pictures are on the wall over the soaker tub and totally visible from the shower, so I can see them while I'm hosing off.  Sweet!


This type of project works equally well for pretty postcards. 


Of course, I still need to get those off my counter and onto the wall.  It will happen.  Eventually.

No comments: