Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October BUNCO

I'm in a fun BUNCO club that meets once a month. We each take turns hosting, and I leapt at the chance to host our October event.  Everyone came over last Friday, and we had a great time.  Here are some pictures from my Halloween BUNCO:


I'm not a big wine drinker, so I'm always happy when my wine glasses are used.


I borrowed this awesome beverage dispenser and candy dish from a neighbor.  The set is from Pottery Barn.


Since desserts are my thing, that's what I focused on with broken glass cupcakes, caramel surprise cookies and candy-covered pretzels. 


The pretzels were made using Wilton's skeleton fingers and witch fingers candy molds.  I just love these things!


The utensil/napkin caddy is from my friend Shannon (Hi, Shannon!) and all the party ware is stuff I picked up last year on clearance after Halloween.  I know lots of people use coordinated plates/napkins/cupcake toppers/everything for a party, and I really like that look, but that's just not in my budget.  My bottom line is that if the plates/utensils/etc. are clean enough to eat off of, then we're good to go!


Neighbor and BUNCO player Jenn brought these adorable hot dog mummies.  This is adorable!  I've seen these in magazines before, but I've never attempted to make them myself.  They were cute and tasty!  The mummy wrapping is cut-up crescent roll dough--these would be a real treat for the kids in your life for Halloween.  I know they were a treat for me!


I was so happy to host October BUNCO. I haven't hosted a Halloween party in years, so it was great to finally have one and be able to show off my haunted house for friends.  Now I'm definitely in the holiday spirit.

No comments: