Monday, October 10, 2011

Martha Monday--Halloween costumes

Halloween is only three weeks away--is your costume ready?

Yeah, neither is mine.

But that's okay, because we have time.  And there are plenty of great ideas to be found at Martha's Halloween Central.  I am loving her homemade costumes for children and adults.  These superhero costumes look really fun and easy to do:


These costumes are giving me ideas...not only would they be great for Halloween, but they'd also work for a superhero theme party.  And of course I see one of those in the Little Guy's future...maybe for birthday number 6 or 7?

For adults, I really like this beekeeper costume:


If I had any hope of getting the Little Guy and Little Miss in bee costumes, then this would be mine!  I just love coordinated Halloween costumes.

I really like this no-sew jellyfish costume:


BFF Laura did this a few years ago and it was so cute!  I could do this, too, but only if my kids were dressing up as sea creatures.  Again, coordinated costumes just really melt my butter.

At the moment in the TMI Household, we've reached no decision concerning costumes, though we have come close.  For months the Little Guy wanted to be Batman for Halloween.  This was great for me because Little Miss is too young to voice an opinion about the matter and I could therefore put her in a Robin costume and fulfill my dream of having coordinated kids' costumes.  The Big Guy and I would balance these superheroes out by being the villains Joker and Catwoman, and BAM! Mission: Coordinated Family Halloween Costumes 2011 would be accomplished. Victory, and an awesome family picture, would be mine.

Then, the store Halloween displays came out, and the Little Guy wanted to be everything he saw. A ninja! Scooby-Doo! A skeleton!  Just last week, he mentioned the possibility of being Batman again so who knows what we'll end up with.  Thankfully we have three whole weeks to figure it out...Happy costuming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are some great Homemade halloween costumes. Your writeup is illuminating and very valuable.