Monday, May 9, 2011

Martha Monday--Martha is a grandmother!

Martha Stewart became a grandmother earlier this year after daughter Alexis's surrogate gave birth to baby Jude. Here's what she had to say yesterday on her facebook page:

"This year is very special for me. My daughter, Alexis, has become a mother for the first time, and as a result I am a grandmama for the first time. It is hard to believe that I am now the senior woman in our family of three living generations and I am thrilled. Happy Mother's Day to every mother who has nurtured and cared for her own offspring and good luck to all of you who will soon be mothers. It's a good thing!"


With this news, and with so many friends and family members enjoying (or at least expecting) their own little bundles of joy, I have babies on the brain.  In the coming days I'll be sharing with you two baby showers I worked on recently, so get ready for some fun cookies and cakes coming your way. 


In the meantime, if you are hosting a baby shower or just need some party inspiration, check out MarthaStewart.com for baby shower themes, etiquette, favors and decorations


I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day!

No comments: