Friday, May 13, 2011

Baby shower favors and games

To enhance Ellyn's sock monkey baby shower, we (the four hostesses) added touches of sock monkey wherever we could.  This included the favors:


We filled 6oz. baby food jars with candy, including jelly beans that coordinated with the shower colors, candy bananas and chocolate baby-themed candies made from Wilton candy molds


Even the top of the favors went with the theme:  Thanks a bunch!


Shower guests played my favorite baby shower game:  Name That Baby Food.  Jars/containers are numbered, and by just looking at the color, players must guess what food it is.  Fun!



Ellyn is way into card-making, so we incorporated a similar craft for the guests: we made an advice album/scrapbook for the mommy-to-be.  Near the present-opening area, we provided a variety of cardstock, stamps and ink pads for guests.  They stamped and decorated a card with their advice for Ellyn, and we put them in a photo album for her.  My favorite piece of advice from one of the guests was "Keep ninjas away from your baby.  Babies don't like ninjas." 

Seriously, why didn't someone tell me that right before I had my kids?  I have my babies around ninjas all the time, and both the kids and the ninjas seem uneasy with this arrangement.  I always wondered why, and now I know. I guess it's time to find new Friday night babysitters.

Just a month or so after the shower, Ava arrived.  Isn't she adorable?


Welcome to the world, baby Ava!

No comments: