With the sock monkey baby shower, the theme was actually requested by the Mommy-to-be. She is crazy about sock monkeys, the nursery would be decorated with sock monkeys, and many items on the registry were sock monkey related, so of course that became the theme for the party. We were able to incorporate that theme throughout the shower, from the invitation, to the cake and cookies, to the decorations and favors.
Of course, as a hostess/host you usually have to come up with the theme yourself. When choosing a theme for a baby shower, ask yourself the following questions:
- Will the parents-to-be like this?
- Will the guests enjoy the theme?
- Can the theme be incorporated into the shower in many ways?
- Is this something that I can have fun with?
- Invitations featured rubber duckies
- The cake was a blue background with white buttercream bubbles. One top was a real rubber duck with the words "Bubbling over with joy".
- The sweets table featured cupcakes with rubber duck liners and pink, blue, yellow and green duck candy.
- Prizes for the games were travel-size bath gels and lotions from Bath & Body Works.
- Favors were homemade bath salts with instructions for use. Guests got to choose from Honey-Almond and Eucalyptus.
- Yellow streamers and pictures of yellow rubber ducks served as decorations.
- Fun touch: I put two small rubber duckies in the punch bowl!
The possibilities for baby shower themes (or for any party) are endless, so have fun with it! And if you need an idea for a baby shower, let me know...I have plenty to spare!