Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thanksgiving family fun

Last year, the TMI household hosted 20+ for Thanksgiving.  It was a blast!  I started things off with a fun family project.  In the foyer, I hung two large sheets of paper (Post-It makes large easel-size sheets that are like giant sticky notes) with the caption "Welcome, family and friends! Happy Thanksgiving!"



I then posed a question:  "What are you thankful for?  Share your blessings with us!"
I left a few markers on a table near the paper, and drew my own little hand-turkey with a message to get things started.




As you can see from the pictures, everyone got involved.  Most peoploe gave the usual "friends and family" response, but the illustrations provided even more insight into what people were grateful for:  football, turkey and wine.



And pumpkin pie, which is most definately a blessing!

And no, I am not responsible for the drawings of turkey or pie. Though I am exceedingly grateful for both.



If you are hosting Thanksgiving this year, then I encourage you to include these super big post-it notes on your shopping list.  Hang a few on the wall, leave out some markers, and let your guests express themselves through hand-turkey drawings.  Because nothing says "I'm thankful" like a heartfelt hand-turkey.  Gobble!

1 comment:

Lovemonger said...

You are soooo cute, I think I threw up a little in my mouth.
=)