Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Table ready

I set the table for Thanksgiving dinner.  Last night. Over four days before my family is due here for turkey dinner.  Can you tell I'm over the moon about hosting Thanksgiving?



The empty spaces on each side will be filled with the kids' seats.  I layered a smaller fall-theme tablecloth over the red tablecloth for visual interest.  How Martha is that?!

And before anyone criticizes my table-setting skills, let me share with you my standards:  each dish and utensil must be clean, and everyone must have a complete set with which to dine.  So, according to my standards, this place setting is an A+.



The china pattern is Noritake's Crestwood Platinum.  I always enjoy any occasion to get the china out.  Best part:  it's dishwasher-safe.  Awesome!



The silver is Lenox Kirkstieff Frosted (I think). 



The paper napkins are Jewel.  10 for $10.00.  Woohoo!



As with all of my Thanksgiving decorations, the centerpieces are courtesy of Diana. 



The gravy boat is at the ready.  I just love that this one specific menu item has its very own dish.  I wonder if the other food stuffs get jealous. 



Finally, the butter will be in a turkey dish.  Because, you know, it's Thanksgiving!



And with that, I think I'm ready. All that's missing is the food and family, and those won't arrive until Friday.

No comments: