Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Dynamic Duo!

Halloween was fun for me as a kid, and it's even more fun now that I have kids of my own.  And I even got my wish: Little Guy and Little Miss wore coordinating costumes.  The Dynamic Duo enjoyed Halloween.


I took them around our neighborhood as a very subtle Catwoman.  Notice Little Miss's fancy black dress shoes. She put them on herself, and these were not the best choice for walking around the 'hood.  Can't blame the girl for wanting to look good, though!


We were one of the first groups out and they practically ran from door to door.


The Little Guy was very good about saying "Trick or Treat," "thank you," and "Happy Halloween."  Little Miss knocked on doors, while saying "Knock knock." She started to say "YOOOUUUUUUUUUUU" at the end of each visit, and I'm going to go ahead and count that as an attempt at "Thank you."


One of our neighbors dressed up his dog as a sheriff...


...and even had a real bat outside his door!  It was really neat.  Now, I need to think of how I can incorporate real bats into my decor (and environment) for next year. Bats are a good thing!


Remember those black dress shoes?  Little Miss decided those weren't working for her and tried to make me carry her after house #7, and we still had 12+ more houses to go.  Um, sorry sweetie, but no.  We went back home, changed her into some sensible tennis shoes and grabbed the umbrella stroller just in case her shoes weren't the problem. She rode in in for a few houses, but then decided to push the stroller the rest of the way.  I guess the problem was the shoes after all.


We met up with neighbor Adithi and Little Guy had fun comparing treats with her.


After we were done trick-or-treating, Little Guy and Little Miss enjoyed the rest of the evening by handing out candy to all kids who came to our door.


We enjoyed the pumpkins for a while, but as it got darker and colder and the crowds dwindled, we decided to head inside.


Little Miss entertained us with a Jimi Hendrix-like version of "Rockin Robin"...


...while Little Guy, fueled by two fun size candy bars and one sucker, ran around the living room yelling, "LOOK AT ME I'M A BAT I'M FLYING AROUND IN YOUR HOUSE BECAUSE I'M A BAT AND I LIKE TO FLY."  Good times!


What a night!  I hope you and yours had a wonderful, safe and fun Halloween.

Now, on to November and Thanksgiving!

No comments: