Friday, February 19, 2010

Martha's cream scones

I made scones for the first time ever using Martha's cream scones recipe.  Here's what Martha's scones look like: 

Mmmmmm.  Just looking at the picture makes me want another.  Of course, with my batch, I added dried cranberries for some extra zing.

 
I used the food processor to mix the dough. 


My only complaint about the dough is that is was far stickier than I expected.  I added more sugar and flour in the mixing process, and a lot of flour was used on the work surface.

I used a 3" round cutter instead of two, and easily got eight scones from the recipe. 


They were delicious and reheated nicely in the microwave for the next day's breakfast.  I'm looking forward to making these just as the recipe states (without cranberries) and doing a cinnamon version.  Scone on!

1 comment:

teryn j. said...

Looks easy enough. Mmmm. I LOVE cranberry scones. Might have to give this one a go.