Monday, February 1, 2010

Martha Monday--Getting organized

Did you know that 87% of all Americans vow to get their homes organized as their number one New Year's Resolution?
Did you know that of those 87%, only 45% get started on that resolution?
And of those 45%, only 7% form habits that last them into February?
And of those 7% who make it into February, 2% of them will decide that getting organized is just too difficult, give up all their possessions and become a nomad in Nepal? 

It's true!


Actually, no, it isn't.  I made all of that up. But it sounded good, didn't it?  I almost convinced myself.

Of course, many people vow to get their homes and lives organized every January 1st.  And again on February 21st, and on March 17th, and so on.  For many, getting, and staying, organized is a constant battle.  Fortunately, getting organized doesn't have to be a make or break resolution on January 1st.  February 1st is just as good a time to get started.  You can do it!



Martha can help you with this--she's the original organizational guru, after all.  Check out the section of Martha Stewart .com that focuses on household organization.  Martha has handy tips for what should stay, what should go, great tips for organizing small spaces, and how to store items for every room in the house. 


If you made the resolution to get organized in 2010, but haven't quite gotten started, now is a great time to get to it.  If you didn't even resolve to get organized because the task seems too daunting, don't be discouraged.  You can do this!  And if you made the resolution and stuck to it, then good for you.  How very Martha!

2 comments:

Jean K. Lahm said...

I need to organize my desk area...it's out of control! I'm super organized with a lot of things, but the desk area is my weakness. I think I just need a heavy-duty shredder!

Amanda Grant said...

I think the desk area is the hardest. It's difficult to keep up with all the paperwork that comes into a house. That said, I do love my shredder.