Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kitchen organization

My kitchen is probably my favorite room in the house. It's where I spend the majority of my time, and since I'm the primary cook/baker in the house, it's important to keep things organized and handy.  Here are some of my "good things" for the kitchen:

A calendar is a must.  Right now we're rocking with a free calendar from Dunkin' Donuts.  Bonus--it has coupons on it for each month.  I fight the temptation to buy one dozen donuts every day ($1 off coupon) thanks to this thing.

I use the calendar to keep track of birthdays, work schedules, menu plans and other appointments.  The TMI Family would be lost without it.

Take a look at the fridge: see the important organization tool there?  No? Gosh, I can't imagine why not.

The potholders are kept on the fridge with magnetic hooks.  This is a simple and cheap solution that keeps my oven mitts and potholders handy.  Get it?!? 

Finally, this last bit of organizational goodness comes from Aunt KB.  I saw this trick at her house years ago, and I don't think I've seen it anywhere else.

Tiny stick-up hooks are used for storing measuring spoons inside a cabinet door.  This way, those tiny things are never lost in some drawer, and I always know where to find them.  What a good thing!

2 comments:

Jean K. Lahm said...

I noticed you used Command adhesive hooks for your measuring spoons. I used them to hang garland on walls for Christmas and they left no evidence whatsoever upon removing. I'm hooked on them!! Get it?? LOL

Condo Blues said...

My family kitchen calendar is a freebie too. From an ice cream company. Filled with coupons. Just as dangerous!