Monday, August 22, 2011

Manda Monday--So close!

Back in May, I mentioned I'd bake some custom sugar cookies for a lucky fan when I reached the magic 100 number on facebook.  And I'm almost there! I only need two more fans before I draw a name at random...become a fan at The Martha Initiative on facebook.  Already a fan?  Suggest to your friends that they become fans, too. Then, if they win instead of you, they have to share their cookies with you. 

And, for all you tweeters, I'm on Twitter as well.  I've been tweeting some crazy stuff lately ("I need to start wearing pants more often, especially to the office") that you don't want to miss out on.  Good times!

****************************************************************************

Remember last week when I blogged about Martha's zucchini recipes?  I was able to give the Salmon and Zucchini Baked in Parchment a try.


I modified the recipe a bit in that instead of using butter I used butter-infused olive oil, and instead of baking it in parchment I grilled it in foil. 



Overall, this was really good.  The lemon flavor was a bit strong, but I'm not sure if it's because I put too much lemon juice in or because I'm not used to having lemon on my zucchini and therefore could really taste it.


I will say that zucchini and salmon in foil on the grill is one of the simplest and quickest meals you can make. It was a breeze!  If you're looking to change up your grilling repertoire before summer ends, give this one a try.  Happy Monday!

No comments: