Monday, March 29, 2010

Martha Monday--Easter Menus

Easter is less than a week away.  Like any other holiday, we'll celebrate three times over the course of three days and two weekends to make sure we see as much family as possible.  This year, I'll be hosting one of the Easters. 

This is a first for me.

Sure, I've done Thanksgiving and Christmas, but never an Easter.  Gird your loins, people.

For those of you looking to go all Martha on Easter, you can see a sampling of menus here.  I'm particularly intrigued by this "Easy Easter Dinner"...


...because nothing says "Easy" like hosting your first-ever Easter for the in-laws, right?!

Here's my menu:

Ham
Green bean casserole
Au gratin potatoes
Corn casserole
Glazed carrots
Devilled eggs
Bread and butter
Magic jello mousse

Dessert:

Carrot cake cupcakes
Lemon cupcakes
Twisted krispies
Easter M&M cookies

The Little Guy and I will be tackling the cupcakes and maybe even some Easter candy this week.  For your viewing (and salivating pleasure), here's the Easter dessert I came up with last year:



It's a coconut cake covered with peanut M&Ms and candy bunnies.  I called it "Easter Island."  You can read all about it here.  While that was fun, I'm going to try something new this year.  Stay tuned!

No comments: