Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Party favors

In true Martha fashion, I assembled favors for the Little Guy's birthday party. Obviously, I stuck with the Sesame Street theme.


I tried to tailor each favor bag to the age of the recipient. As you know, there is a big difference between a 2-year-old and a 6-year-old, and I wanted everyone to enjoy their treats. Kids in the 2-4 age range got a Sesame Street board book, a Snuffleupagaus noisemaker, and fruit snacks.

We had one baby at the party. Sweet Grace is coming up on her first Halloween, so she got a bib and socks. I threw in a noisemaker for her, not because she can use it at 6-months-old, but because her smart older brother would notice if she didn't get one. No dice on the fruit snacks, though. Safety first!

Older kids, who have outgrown Sesame Street, got something different and more suited to their tastes. The Little Guy has two older cousins who are very into writing notes and cards, so they each received note cards, fun sticky notes and cool colored pencils along with the noisemaker and fruit snacks.


Note to self for next year: I should make a party favor for myself, in the form of paid housekeeping or perhaps an hour on a massage table. Wouldn't that be a good thing!

No comments: