Thursday, October 8, 2009

My eyes! MY EYES!!!

Things were going so smoothly with the Big Bird cake, until I got to the eyes. Oh, the eyes!

Aren't they hideous? With these peepers, the Little Guy, and everyone else who saw this cake, was going to have nightmares.


Heck, even I was terrified. And stunned. How could I fix this? I started by doing what any good baker does when confronted with an icing mistake--I scrapped off the frosting. And ate it. Problem partially solved.

Then I remembered that I had candy eyes in my supply arsenal. They are just like those colored candy buttons you peel off the wax paper. Remember those? I got my eyes from Candyland Crafts. If you are into cake/cookie/candy decorating, then be sure to check them out!


There, isn't that better? The eyes are considerably less scary, which is good, because Big Bird is not supposed to give people nightmares. Thank goodness I had the candy eyes on hand, otherwise I might not have had the strength to go on...

1 comment:

frugalsuz said...

LOL! The cake looks awesome.