Sunday, April 5, 2009

Coloring Easter Eggs

Oh little Paas kit. How I love your colored tabs, your wire dipper thingy, your cute little stickers. How I love to watch the tabs fizz in the vinegar and see the brightly colored eggs emerge from their bath of Easter fun.


But oh, the wait! Good thing Scary Movie 2 was on, or I would have fallen asleep waiting for the orange dye to take to the egg. Sheesh!

I always like to do a few plain eggs before I get to the fancy stuff.



And by fancy, I mean I broke out the white crayon and wrote my name on an egg before dyeing it. Which didn't even show up that well.



I did my best to summon my inner Martha, and managed to do a few multi-colored eggs. The easiest way to do this is to balance on egg on top of another already in the mug--no need to get carpal tunnel syndrome by holding an egg in the wire dipper thingy while the nerve endings in your forearm go numb.




I did get crazy creative for the last egg. I threw caution to the wind, combined the yellow and green dyes, and got a lovely, bright chartreuse-like color going.




These beautiful and bright eggs are going to become devilled eggs in time for Easter. They'll go from this:



To this:




I don't mind destroying beautiful art if it's going to become a tasty treat. I don't mind at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love deviled eggs. And your dyed eggs are fun! Maybe Tom and I will make some this week! L