Friday, July 8, 2011

Cherry chocolate mice

I saw these at a birthday party a few months ago, and they've been in my Idea File ever since.  They're cherry and chocolate mice...aren't they adorable? 

The body is a maraschino cherry dipped in chocolate, keeping the stem on to represent a tail.  The head is a Hershey's kiss, and the ears are almond slivers. I'm guessing the eyes and noses are simply frosting dabbed on.  I ate several, and I can assure you they taste just as good as they look. Yum!

These mice would fit into a variety of birthday and shower themes...I'm thinking of doing a barnyard theme for Little Miss' 2nd birthday, and these would be perfect in a toy barn.  I could also see these at a nursery-rhyme themed baby shower ("Hickory Dickory Dock," anyone?). 

I'm sure these took a nice chunk of time to prepare. Fortunately, I sure they could be done a day or two ahead of time and held in the fridge until the party.  These were just so cute and delicious...mice have never been more appealing to me!

No comments: