Thursday, March 17, 2011

Welcome back basket

Good friends and neighbors Yogita and Adithi are returning home from a very long trip today.  Yogita is my closest friend in this neighborhood, and Adithi is a great playmate to the Little Guy so we are very happy to have them back.  To welcome them home, I made a fun little St. Patrick's basket for them.


On top is a loaf of fresh-out-of-my-oven white bread. Yum!


Below that is a round of Irish soda bread. It is St. Patrick's Day, after all!


I have some treat in there for Adithi: a writing pad, fun spring-themed pencils and sunglasses.  I put bath gel and lotion in there for Yogita.  After a 24 hour trip, I'm guessing she'll need some pampering.  I know I would!


To expand on the St. Patrick's Day theme, I got out my Wilton candy molds and made some shamrock pops.  The dark chocolate (behind the green) is mint-flavored.  Mmmmmm...mint.


These chocolate covered pretzels are hard to make out, but the designs are shamrocks and top hats.  You can see the pretzel mold here


These are just fun little candy cups I made with the remaining chocolate. This way, there's plenty of chocolate for everyone! Which is also something one would need after a 24 hour trip.  I know I would.

Welcome back, Yogita and Adithi!  And happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!

No comments: