Monday, December 20, 2010

Manda Monday--Christmas decorations

Christmas is right around the corner, and as far as my decorations are concerned, I am ready for it.  Though if you look beyond the decorations to, say, the rest of my house, it's a completely different story

The Big Guy and Little Guy decorated the tree in the living room. Because that also doubles as the toy room, the ornaments we used this year are break-resistant. 


If you look closely, you'll see that some branches contain several ornaments while others are bare.  Can you guess who helped hang the ornaments?


Yep, it's the Little Guy!  Who can also put Sesame Street character play cups on his head.  He's a man of many talents.


The tree skirt is from the (now non-existent) Martha Stewart Everyday line at KMart. I bought it years ago, and it's held up really well. Because the print features Christmas joys and toys, I thought it fitting that it go with the tree in the toy (living) room.


Something I do every year is display the incoming Christmas cards on the wall.  This year, I finally hung a lovely handmade piece from my Grandmother in the foyer, and the cards frame it well. As cards come in, the display gets bigger and bigger, and I do my best to keep it symmetrical.


One new decoration is the ribbon on the four columns in the foyer.  I had 60 feet of peppermint striped ribbon begging to be used, and this was the perfect spot for it.  Also, did I mention that my son likes to put cups on his head?  Because he does. 


Here's a close-up of the ribbon:


While I love my old Christmas decoration traditions, it's nice to add something new into the mix. 

No comments: