Friday, May 14, 2010

Meatloaf perfection?

I'm always on the lookout for the perfect meatloaf recipe.  There are some great ones, and many terrible ones, out there on the interwebs.  Finally, after a lot of experimentation and more than my fair share of flops, I think I've come up with a great meatloaf recipe all on my own.  Here it is:

2 lbs. 85% lean ground beef
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
3 eggs

Mix together until well blended.  Divide and place into two loaf pans (or keep it all together in a larger dish).  Bake at 350F for 45-60 minutes (longer if it's all together in the same dish).  For the last 10 minutes of baking, cover the surface with a nice layer of ketchup.  Enjoy!  And please report your results--I'm anxious to know if I have indeed created the perfect meatloaf recipe.

Note: please use ketchup, not catsup...this is an important distinction.  Using 'catsup' will tear a whole in the fabric of the universe and interrupt the entire space-time continuum, which leads to really, really bad meatloaf.  Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the best recipe I've e've found:

http://www.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view2/old_fashioned_meat_loaf_aka_basic_meatloaf/