Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bathroom redo

I've wanted to redo the hall bathroom for quite some time.  Ever since we moved in, actually.  And, because I fail to realistically judge the amount of time and effort it takes to do a house project, I had hoped to do this during my maternity leave.


Because taking care of a newborn and a two-year-old leaves plenty of time for home improvement.

Obviously, nothing happened for six weeks.  But then BFF Laura came for a weekend, and declared one morning over breakfast that we were going to paint the bathroom. 

Things happen when Laura is around. I just love that about her!

So the Little Guy and I zoomed to the store for paint, Laura got busy gathering supplies and taping off the bathroom, and BabyGirl slept.  She was cooperative that way.

The paint is called Sea Tickle.  Based on that happy crab, we were going for a fun and kid-friendly ocean themed bathroom. 


Laura and I spent an entire day priming the walls and ceiling.  It took two coats of primer to cover up that gross brown-green color.  Just having the walls and ceiling white made the room look so much bigger and better.

And then, Laura left.  And this is how the bathroom stayed for several days...

No comments: