Monday, July 20, 2009

Martha Monday!

Last Monday, I shared with you Martha's Cutest Cupcake contest, and how I have every intention of winning. I'm doing a take-off of Martha's beach and shark cupcakes, with a TMI twist, of course.


The cupcakes are made. I used a yellow cake mix, but added in a ton of coconut cream paste and shredded coconut. The icing is regular buttercream (one tub of white and one of blue) with coconut cream paste added in. I wanted a really coconutty cupcake, you know?


Below is my secret ingredient: Teddy Grahams. I'm going to crush them up with some graham crackers for the "sand" effect, but I'm also using them for something else...


Finally, the Wilton candy pens are my secret weapon. They'll go along with the secret use for the secret ingredient. With all these secrets, my kitchen is more locked down than Fort Knox. Seriously.


I have every intention of rocking this Cutest Cupcakes contest. I'll have pictures of the completed cupcakes up ASAP. If there's any delay, it's probably because someone was peeking in my kitchen window trying to learn my secrets and I had to crush them, TMI-style. I should probably get the garden hose and pepper spray ready. You can't be too careful with this kind of thing, you know?

1 comment:

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! Plz post pics soon!