Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weekend plans

Everyone knows I love a good resale...sale, and there are several good ones coming up in the Fox Valley. Woohoo!

This weekend, I'll be at the John Shields and McDole Elementary PTO Sale in Sugar Grove. I stumbled upon this sale by accident in the spring, and I was really impressed! Lots of kids clothes, equipment and toys, and everything was nicely organized.  The sale is Friday, September 9 from 6-9pm and Saturday, September 10 from 8am to 1pm at the Sugar Grove Community House. 


Next weekend, I'm giving the St. Peter Barn Sale a try. I first learned about this sale from a participant in my most recent Live Well, Spend Less! class at Waubonsee.  The St. Peter Barn Sale is held Saturday, September 17 from 8am to 3pm and Sunday, September 18 from 9am to 2pm at the Kane County Fairgrounds.  Based on the pictures at their facebook page, this sale looks huge!


Finally, in October I'll stop at the resale event hosted by the Tri-Cities Mothers of Twins and Triplets Club.  Held at the Mooseheart Field House, this sale is on Saturday, October 1 from 8am to 1pm. It costs $1.00 per person to enter, and you'll need to bring a stroller, wagon or large tote bag to haul around your purchases. 


At each sale, I'll be on the lookout for winter clothes for the Little Guy and Little Miss as well as Halloween costumes and dress-up outfits.  If you see a crazy woman frantically digging through the 5T and 2T sizes looking for footed pajamas, it's just me. Come on over and say Hello!

No comments: