Friday, April 23, 2010

My delicious breaking point

Whenever I bake, with just about anything I bake, there's a breaking point.  That strange and mystical point in the creation process when I stop and I think "Why continue making this? I really want to eat it now."

My breaking point looks like this:


It's right after the white sugar, brown sugar and butter have been combined.

Doesn't it look delicious?  And wouldn't it be great on toast?

Oh, who am I kidding?  Forget the toast, I just want to eat it straight out of the mixing bowl.  

1 comment:

evonne said...

Agreed wholeheartedly. There's nothing more delicious than that combination and it's really best to stop there.

Along those lines, I remember I would always intercept my grandmother when she was making enchiladas. First come flautas, then enchiladas, and there was really no point in waiting for the latter. Mmmmmmm, criiiiispy. And then there's meatballs before they become part of the sauce. And raspberry filling before it fills anything. Yes.

Also, yay @ my word verification: gatero. Like a cowboy, but with cats!