Monday, September 13, 2010

Martha (and Manda!) Monday

Here's the news with both of us...

Today, the Martha Stewart Show moved to the Hallmark Channel.  You can get the details, and see if your cable provider carries the Hallmark Channel, here.  While you're there, be sure to watch the one-minute video titled "Martha" Behind the Scenes, where Martha (gasp!) admits she's not perfect. 

I have to say, it's extremely weird to hear Martha say that, since you, I and the whole world knows that she IS perfect.  Of course, in the video you can hear her say that she isn't perfect, but she is not shown actually saying that statement.  Maybe that's not even Martha talking, just a Martha sound-alike!  Gasp! So Martha really is perfect, she knows it, she couldn't bring herself to say it, so to make her seem more "like the people" the Hallmark folks hired someone who sounds just like Martha to say that she (Martha) isn't perfect.  It's a conspiracy!  Actually, now that I think about it, that does make a lot more sense. 

After all, if Martha were not perfect, her bathtub would probably look like this:


Because that is the bathtub of someone who is most certainly not perfect.  Note to the Hallmark people: I like Martha because she is perfect.  If I wanted to watch someone talk about crafts, entertaining, decorating, cooking, baking, gardening, etc. who is not perfect...well, I just wouldn't.  So there.

In completely unrelated news, I have a few things coming up that I wanted to make you aware of:

I'll be teaching X-treme Couponing at Waubonsee Community College starting on September 28.  This is a two-week community education course aimed at teaching people ethical and efficient ways to use coupons to get the most bang for their buck.  Actually, since couponing is all about saving money, I'll be teaching folks how to get the most bang for their coupon. :)  This is my first time teaching this class, and I'm really excited about it.

My other community education course at WCC is Online Social Networking for Beginners.  I've taught this twice before at WCC, and the class is a total blast.  We cover facebook, LinkedIn, twitter and blogging.  A lot of time is spent on facebook security.  That class starts on October 12 and runs for four weeks. 

So Martha is moving her show to a new channel, and I'm teaching a new gig out at Waubonsee.  Whew!  That's a lot for a Monday.  Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: