And they invited me!
But, sadly, I can't go for the following reasons:
1. It's a Thursday night, and I work. Believe or not, blogging is not my job. I actually have a 9-5 gig where real, live people are subject to my crazy stories and random outbursts. While they might appreciate a break from me, my job duties will not allow for a quick jaunt to NYC for a two-hour event.
2. Little Guy and BabyGirl must be cared for. Since that caregiver must have opposable thumbs, this leaves out Barley. Actually, getting a babysitter wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I would miss them and I think they are still way too young to have mommy away overnight.
3. I got the invitation a week in advance, and no accompanying plane ticket. Maybe it got lost on the internet? Plus, I really need more time to plan. I'm just a planner, you know?
4. See the last sentence of reason #2.
5. I don't have anything to wear. Unless this event is all about denim capris and t-shirts, which I seriously doubt.
Lots of fellow Martha fanatics will be there, and I look forward to seeing all the pictures on their blogs. Have fun, everyone! Say "Hello" to Martha for me!