Monday, January 25, 2010

Martha Monday--Ask Martha

For those of you who are Sirius Satellite Radio subscribers, Martha has her own channel (Martha Stewart Living Radio -- 112).  Every Monday she hosts an "Ask Martha!" segment where you can call in and ask Martha your most burning domestic diva questions about cooking, entertaining, gardening, housekeeping and more. 

The number is 866-675-6675 and the time to call is 3-4pm CST, 4-5pm EST and 1-2pm PST. 



Personally, I have never called in to "Ask Martha!"  I always want to, but I'm worried that either I will forget what I want to ask and stumble all over my words until I am a big ball of incoherent blather, or that I will come across as a crazy, Martha-obsessed stalker and she'll get a restraining order on me. 

Or worse, I could accomplish both, making me both an idiot and a nutcase.

Quite frankly, I just don't need that kind of stress.  I'd rather just meet Martha for a nice lunch or afternoon tea, and work on a craft project with her.  Card-making, perhaps?

So, in the spirit of "Ask Martha!", I'd like to invite you all to my very own "Ask the Martha Initiative!"  Or, to be a bit more casual, "Ask Amanda if, you know, you want to."  Do you have any questions for me? 

My specialties are baking, organizing and entertaining, but I'm game for just about anything.  Just leave a question in the comments or shoot me an email.  (Disclaimer per My Big Martha: no stalkers allowed!)

If, you know, you want to. 

1 comment:

Jean K. Lahm said...

For a house I property manage, the previous tenant left "furniture stains" on the plush carpeting. Stanley Steemer cleaned the carpets, and they've never done me wrong. Ever. But they couldn't get these stains out, which are caused by wooden furniture getting wet and staining the carpeting. Any ideas on tackling these tough stains myself?? -Lost in Lowell