Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Handmade gifts

The Little Guy got two really awesome gifts recently that I wanted to share with you.  Both gifts were made by talented, creative ladies who come up with some really darling stuff.

First, the penguin mittens...



These were made by a friend of My Big Martha.  Aren't they adorable?  I think they've been used more as puppets than mittens this winter, but that's fine with me.  But when they are used as mittens, the strand of yarn that connects the two keeps them from getting lost.



Next, the bug bean bags....



These were made by my BFF Laura for the Little Guy's 2nd birthday.  She found this awesome fabric, made the bean bags, and included two fun books about bugs.  The Little Guy loves them.



We use these for playing catch and our own (smaller) version of Bozo buckets. 



BFF Laura made sure each bean bag was a different shape in case we want to work in a lesson there.  She thinks of everything!



These two gifts have inspired me to put my crafty talents to good use and give gifts that are homemade, rather than store bought.  Now, I just have to cultivate my crafty talents...until then, it's cookies for everyone, baby!

1 comment:

Jean K. Lahm said...

Those gifts are adorable! Love the bean bag bugs!! I would buy those!