Monday, July 2, 2012

Martha Monday--Fourth of July desserts

Independence Day is almost here...time for grilling out, parades and fireworks!  With the heat wave here in the Midwest, I am looking forward to cool desserts to follow the bbq.  And naturally, Martha has a bunch of ideas on her site.

Since it's too hot to turn on the oven, these Firecracker Ice Pops are worth a try:


This Mixed Berry Salad with Mint also looks refreshing:


But if your dessert needs to contain chocolate, then these super-easy Pretzel Sparklers are for you:


Should you feel the need to take a more traditional route and actually bake despite the soaring temps outside, then I can heartily recommend these Fireworks Cookies:


I made them last year and they were a huge hit. 

This Summer Shortcake is also a real crowd-pleaser:


I've also made this before, and it was delicious! 

My plans for the Fourth are still up in the air, but I'm sure they will include good food, good friends and good desserts.  What are your plans for the Fourth of July?

No comments: