Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


I love this time of year, and the decorations play a large part in that.  And as you can imagine, I have a ton of Christmas decorations.  More decorations than I have room to place them, actually.  However, I'm going to do my best and get as many decorations out of boxes and on display as possible. 



Since lifting heavy boxes is a big no-no for me right now, the Big Guy has been bringing a few up from the basement at a time so I can go through them in the dining room.  For the next week or so, my dining room is Christmas Central.



The kitchen is perhaps the easiest room to do:  the Santa oven mitt is hanging on the fridge, and my baking-themed Christmas tree is on top of the fridge. 



This tree went up so quickly because it is quite small, and because I store it with all the decorations on.  How easy is that?

The tree in the living room is not so easy to get up.  It took us a while to get the lights just right on this one.



Not that the Little Guy needs any additional excitement about Christmas ("Lights, Mom! LIGHTS!"), I filled the book basket in the living room with Christmas-themed children's books.  And headbands featuring reindeer and moose antlers for adding reading enjoyment. 



Yes, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in the TMI household.  Now, time to set up the other two Christmas trees...

No comments: