Here's a super easy and super cute Christmas craft project--painted glass ornaments. I made these a few years ago so there are no pictures of the process, but I'll go through it step-by-step.
1. Remove the ornament top and squeeze in a few drops of paint.
2. Rotate the ornament and put in a few drops of another color of paint.
3. Rotate the ornament once again and put in a few more drops of another color of paint.
4. Being careful not to tip the ornament over so paint runs out, rotate the ornament all around to get the paint to cover the entire interior surface.
5. Once the inside is covered with swirls of paint, put the ornament upside down in the egg carton so the excess paint can drip out.
6. Let the ornaments dry for a day or two, then put the tops on.
That's really all there is to it. Aren't they gorgeous? I remember making these as a Girl Scout--shout out to my troop leader, My Own Big Martha! Hi, Mom!
I think a set of these would make a lovely gift. And this is a great craft project for kids.
When the Little Guy is older, we'll be making these for all the relatives. Until then, I'll just have to enjoy my own set. Happy crafting!